STOP Saying You Are Busy! WE ALL ARE!
Do you always say: “I am busy”? Here are 5 steps to manage your time effectively!
🎓Me in High School: “I am a busy mom! I have a lot of homework and I have to do this science project so I don’t have time to help you make dinner”.
🤯👩🎓👩💼Me in College (Albania): “ I am very busy studying for a major that is in English. I am working part-time in sales talking to Italian customers. I have a minor in Spanish. I have an exam in two days. I have to buy groceries and cook for myself. I also need to meet with my team for a team project. I don’t have time to go on dates”.
🎓👩🎓💍👫💒Me Married (U.S.): “I am very busy. I am finishing my second bachelor's degree from the School of Business. English is not my primary language so it takes me longer to study. I am doing an internship and working as a waitress. I am cooking and taking care of a house. I don’t have time to have kids or start my own business”.
💍👫💒💼👪🏋️🤱Me Married with two kids (U.S.): “I am very busy. I have to take care of a 4 year and 10 month old. I have to nurse and change diapers. I don’t sleep at night. I cook and clean. I work and I am starting my own business. I have a side hustle as well where I motivate women to be fit, eat healthy, and inspire self-care. I work out 3–5 days a week. No seriously! I don’t have time for anything”.
The moral of the story is that you will always be busy in every stage of your life.
You just learn how to manage and prioritize time better as you go, so whatever your goal or dream is in life, DON’T WAIT. There will never be a better time than NOW.
1. Start with small goals that are achievable and measurable. (i.e. I am going to work out 10 min every day).
2. Prioritize wisely. (i.e. I am going to turn off social media notifications while I am focusing on work)
3. Set an urgency on completing your task. When we think we have time, it takes us longer to complete a task, so start by shortening the time frame. (i.e. I have to finish writing my book in 30 days. So prioritize and manage your time accordingly)
4. Plan and Organize. Every first day of the month or week, plan the most important goals that you want to accomplish, write them down and make them visible. (i.e. I set calendar reminders to myself for an important task that is due. Consider it as a meeting with yourself. If it is due on Wednesday. I set 3 reminders; one week in advance, 3 days in advance, and a day in advance).
5. Always make time for yourself and what makes you happy. (i.e. spend a minimum of 30 min a day for self-care. Dedicate it to working out, reading a book, taking a warm bath, manicure or pedicure, visiting a friend, playing with your kids, dancing, and whatever makes you relaxed and happy.
If you have better tips on how to manage your time wisely, please share them with us in the comments.